As I mentioned yesterday, I’m really unmotivated right now. I’m working out some, but not nearly enough to see any improvements. Combine that with less than stellar eating, and you have a bad situation. A lot of people set goals, and I’ve had some luck with that, but I’ve noticed that I have a lot of trouble sticking to the specifics of the goal, especially if they are too long term. I need more immediate results.
So I’m going to set out some goals for the rest of the year. There’s only a little over a month left, which should be enough time to start changing some bad habits, and forming new, better ones.
- Exercise at least 5 times a week. They don’t all have to be intense sessions, but to meet the requirements, they either need to be at least 30 minutes of intense exercise or 60 minutes of moderate exercise.
- Drink enough water. The Mayo Clinic says women should drink 2.2 liters per day (9 cups). I typically drink a good amount of water each day, but there’s always room for improvement.
- Less fast food. Ideally, there would be no fast food, but I know this is not realistic. I’m hesitant to give myself a specific limit, because at this time, a reduction of any size is a good thing.
- Get rid of some of this crap. I have too much stuff. I don’t really know how I acquired most of it, or why I’ve held on to it, but it’s starting to get overwhelming. I want to sell what I can, donate what I can’t sell, and trash what needs to be trashed.
- Spend less money on unneeded items. I know that I spend too much money. I have a constant desire to have stuff. Stuff makes me feel good. I like getting new stuff. But as a result, I have too much stuff and not enough money. I need to use what I’ve got and stop buying stuff I don’t need.
- Stress less. This is a tough one. I’m stressed for a variety of reasons, the biggest one of which is my job. There’s not a lot that can be done about my employment situation at the moment, so I need to find a way to let go of some of the things I hang onto that bring me so much stress.
So there you have it. My goals seem kind of vague, but these are all things that I need to work on, but aren’t something that can necessarily be tracked. Well, I guess they could be tracked, but the point of these goals at this time is to get myself into the habit of doing these things. I don’t expect to have all these things accomplished by the end of the year.